Unarmed Security Guard (17232)
Company: Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading
US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions
to government and commercial customers on four continents.
Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates
as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement
security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer
personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of
professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about
its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an
opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment
that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con
family, you're working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it's an alumni base. We
believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help
them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have
transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers
in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many
more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time
benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle
commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for
Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher
education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment
and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security
solutions for our clients. As an Unarmed Security Officer, you will
be part of a security team that supports critical facilities and
infrastructure, public venues that requires an enhanced presence
and asset protective services. This position an integral part of
the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con
provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
* Competitive Pay
* Recognition and Reward Programs.
* Training and Career Development.
* Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick,
and 401 (k) retirement plan.
* Uniform and equipment provided
* Additional benefits vary depending on position.
* Maintain high visibility as a visual deterrent to crime and
* Answer routine questions for directions and handle minor
* Monitoring the entry and exit of personnel at Client Agency
* Observe and immediately report situations to the appropriate
personnel, and/or emergency services via telephone, radio or any
* Immediately contacting local law enforcement or emergency
personnel by calling 911 (or 9-11 from a state phone) in the case
of: assault, burglary, robbery, vandalism, or any suspicious
activities, a seriously injured or ill person like a heart attack,
store, or seizure and fire or smoke
* Inspecting facilities to ensure doors, windows, roofs and lights
are secure and not defective
* Note any areas where staff is working after-hours
* Report any accidents or injuries
* Report electrical outages, broken pipes, smashed windows and
notify proper department to make repairs immediately.
* Protecting state property and deterring theft by physical
presence while making security checks throughout Client Agency
* Reporting of unusual conditions to the proper personnel,
including law enforcement
* Maintaining security logs; writing incident reports; and
notifying the appropriate Client Agency personnel
* Must be mentally alert and capable of exercising good judgment,
implementing instructions, and assimilating necessary specialized
* Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English
* Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and
written direction and write accurate and clear reports
* Must be able to monitor environmental and electronic security
* Must undergo a physical examination within six (6) months prior
to their assignment.
* Must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen examination
within six (6) months prior to their assignment and present the
results for inspection. The screen must have the ability to detect
the use of: marijuana, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, opiates, and
* Must complete training in Security and Emergency Procedures,
Crowd Control, Irate/Hostile individual and Public Relations
* Must undergo training in matters of state policy regarding drug
awareness, sexual harassment, workplace violence, discrimination,
and prohibition of the use of equipment.
* Successfully complete training for operating electronic computer
and/or alarm and communication systems.
* Must undergo formal training, if necessary.
Education & Experience:
* Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
* Must have a valid California Driver's License or a California
Identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles and
carry it in their possession while on duty.
* If driving is a requirement for the assignment, a valid
California Driver License is mandatory.
* Must complete training in First Aid and CPR and maintain current
certification that will be carried while on duty at all times.
* Guard Registration card
Physical & Mental Requirements:
* Must be fully capable of performing the full range of security
work requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion under either
normal or emergency conditions.
* Exhibit good general health without physical defects or
abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties
under the contract
* Must possess a good distance vision in each eye, correct to 20/30
on the Snellen chart. In addition to that, must possess normal
fields of vision, good depth perception, close vision correctable
to Jaeger #4 type test of both eyes, and ability to distinguish
* Hearing loss must not exceed 30 decibels in both ears or 35
decibels in the poorer ear.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we've hired
thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as
many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career
among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as
values your success and growth within our organization, please take
a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer
who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females,
veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected
groups. License PPO# 6822
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy
Act, please review the Privacy Notice for California Residents
categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes
for which we use such personal information.
BY USING THIS SITE OR VISITING OUR OFFICES YOU AGREE TO THIS
By selecting "Submit", you are agreeing to our
Effective Date: November 1, 2020
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. ("Inter-Con") respects your
privacy and is committed to collecting, maintaining, and using
(the "Policy") applies to your use of and other services offered
through the icsecurity.com domain (the "Site") and to information
we may collect about you when you visit our offices.
BY USING THE SITE OR VISITING OUR OFFICES, YOU AGREE TO THIS
Please read this Policy carefully before you use our Site,
communicate with us through the Site, or visit our offices. The
practices described in this Policy are subject to applicable laws
in the places in which we operate. By accessing the Site,
communicating with us through the Site, or visiting our offices,
you are accepting the terms of this Policy, which may be updated
and amended from time to time.
2.0 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect several types
of information about you, including:
* Like many websites, our server logs collect information regarding
your operating system, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol)
address, and the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream
to, through, and from our website, including date and time.
* We also use the services of other entities, such as Google
Analytics, to help us log and analyze Site traffic, and that may
result in our collecting and/or the service provider collecting
information about you. When you use the Site, Google Analytics may
identifiers, and Google may receive information about you, such as
the URL of the page you are visiting and your IP address. You can
* You may choose to email us through the email links provided on
the "Contact Us" page on the Site. If you do so..... click apply
for full job details
Keywords: Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc., Palmdale , Unarmed Security Guard (17232), Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!