Supervisor, Home Visiting - Remote
Company: Child Care Resource Center
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate
talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family and
community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the
public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our
mission's success and reputation as a leader. We are not your
typical non-profit. We are over 800 people strong and growing!
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in
California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being
through our creative, informative and supportive programs and
services. We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We
provide child development and early education, workforce
development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head
Start preschool and Early Head Start services and more for close to
50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in
Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the
entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in
Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square
You will play a key role supporting CCRC's Mission!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Within a team environment, this position will perform the
- Supervise Parent Educators and maintain documentation for
activities such as monthly two-hour individualized reflective
meetings, provide an orientation process for new Parent Educators,
conduct monthly staff meetings, observe Parent Educators delivering
services within PAT deadlines, observing group connections.
- Coordinate and monitor service documentation, data collection,
delivery, and reporting in accordance with PAT Essential
Requirements, PAT Quality Standards, and affiliate/funder/agency
policies and procedures. Ensure compliance and documentation of
home visiting activities to Parents as Teachers (PAT) national
model and activities specified in the contract activities. 35%
- Assist HV Manager and Family Well-Being Director with budgets,
job description development, oral and written reports as needed,
development and implementation of program activities in compliance
with program requirements. 10%
- Attendance at funder/curriculum affiliate/agency required
trainings and meetings. 5%
- Oversee direct program participant recruitment efforts or
participation in centralized intake system. 5%
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, implementing Parent
Educator core-competencies self-assessments, performance
evaluations, staff training, scheduling, time off requests, and
documentation of direct reports, as needed. 5%
Non-Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
These duties include tasks that are required and comprise less
than 5% of daily functions for this job:
- Establish and update Memorandums of Understanding with
community organizations, along with a Resource Directory.
- Develop/maintain relationships with community organizations and
leaders to help grow and sustain the program as well as coordinate
advisory committee meetings.
- Ensure that Parent Educators obtain necessary professional
development and renew certification with PATNC annually.
- Ensure that staff have access to necessary technology,
workspace, and supplies to effectively fulfill their
- Keep up to date with child development literature, research,
and trends in the business and politics of early care and
- Serve as a member of Division Leadership Team to ensure
compliance of agency policies and procedures.
- Represent CCRC at community events including, but not limited
to, CCRC sponsored events, Best Start meetings, and Service
Planning Area meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Child Development,
Early Childhood Education, Human Development, Social Work,
- Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in early
childhood education/child development/working with families
- Professional/Technical Certifications: n/a
- Technical Requirements:
- Computer skills; including web browsing, e-mail, data entry,
and word processing. Proficiency in Windows-based programs
including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bilingual Required: n/a
- Ability to be flexible, innovative and adapt to the changing
needs of the program, department and agency.
- Ability to design and implement strategies that maximize
employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the
organization's vision, mission, and goals.
- Ability to honor confidentiality & familiarity with HIPAA
- Ability to honor social, cultural, and ethnic diversities of
- Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working
relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to step into the role of a Home Visitor as needed.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule including
evenings and weekends in a variety of settings that may include
family homes, parks, and other locations in the community
- Accept full responsibility for self and contribution as a team
member and present themselves as a credible representative of the
- Aptitude for working cooperatively as part of a team and
collaborate with colleagues.
- Build internal and external customer confidence by providing
consistent and high quality customer service.
- Consistently present a calm, competent and professional image
to clients, co-workers, and management.
- Design, implement, and manage ongoing projects and direct the
related resources, personnel, and activities to successful
- Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas verbally and in
writing to individuals and in a group setting.
- A high degree of judgment, discretion and decision making
ability is required.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and the
ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures with great
attention to detail.
- Knowledge of human development and best practices in working
- Knowledgeable about local community resources.
- Maintain a sense of purpose, value and ownership of work and
anticipates and prepare for chosen courses of action.
- Recognize and take independent action to solve problems.
- Seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate
new ideas, and practice self-development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (i.e.
non-judgmental, objective, reflective, empathetic, patient,
- Strong knowledge and understanding of child development and
developmentally appropriate practices.
- Strong supervisory, team management, organizational, and
- Understand one's job duties and responsibilities, keep job
knowledge current, and utilize necessary skills to complete work
- Travel: Some travel/business related driving required;
automobile, current auto insurance, current California Driver's
License and DMV clearance required.
- Work Schedule: Full time, typically M-F, ability to at times
work a non-traditional work schedule including early mornings, late
evenings and weekends.
- Work environment: Mixture of working in an office work
environment and working directly with the community
- Background & Health Clearance Requirements: Bridge & FWB
- Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse
Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry, Health and Tuberculosis (TB)
test clearances required.
All minimum requirements above met, plus:
- Experience: 1 - 3 years of leadership experience in a
- Bilingual preferred. Ability to converse, write and/or
translate in English and Spanish
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings -Medical, Dental, Vision, and
Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b)
Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off Policy-Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and
Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development,
including education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c)(3) Designation-You can apply for Public Service Loan
Click here to learn more about CCRC!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer and encourage Minorities,
Women, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
To join our team: visit our website at
Keywords: Child Care Resource Center, Palmdale , Supervisor, Home Visiting - Remote, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!