Aeronautical Engineer Staff (Level 4)
Company: Lockheed Martin Corporation
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works is a national asset that not
only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as
founder Clarence "Kelly" Johnson intended, we're not big on titles
or protocol - we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges,
making a real difference for our customers.
This position is for an experienced Liaison Engineer for the U-2
program in Palmdale, CA. A successful candidate will apply
extensive technical expertise in developing solutions to aircraft
structural design problems and investigate and disposition
non-conforming parts and assemblies, on-site and in the field. This
position will require a successful applicant to work independently
to perform design repairs during Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM)
at Site 2. Also required is ability to manage high volumes of tags
requiring MRB dispositions, direct interaction with customers,
suppliers, manufacturing, flight test, procurement, Quality
Assurance, Production Operations and various other engineering
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Creating requirements for standard repairs and tracking of PDM
- Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated
- Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test
- Investigating and determining root cause and recommending
corrective actions for component failures.
- Serving as a primary Liaison technical contact for airframe
structural repairs. Assisting field operating locations with repair
solutions considered beyond technical manual criteria.
- Function in leadership roles, helping to provide solutions for
improving PDM schedule and cost. Proving mentorship to new
engineers looking to obtain MRB authority on the U2 program.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility
that requires special access. Selected applicant must be able to
obtain an interim secret security clearance to start and will be
required to obtain a secret clearance after starting.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality
of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000
hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- Bachelor's or above Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience in airframe structure design and analysis
- Material Review Board (MRB) experience that covers a variety of
aircraft structural repairs.
- Experience in troubleshooting aircraft hydraulic, fuel and
environmental control systems.
- Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo,
Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Keywords: Lockheed Martin Corporation, Palmdale , Aeronautical Engineer Staff (Level 4), Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!