Program Leader I
Company: City of Palmdale
Posted on: June 6, 2021
APPLY IMMEDIATELY! This position may close prior to June 6th if
a certain number of applications is received.
Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic other duties, such as, assisting in
day care, food bank service, COVID-19 test and vaccine sites and
working in other City departments on a temporary basis will be
required, in addition to the program area outlined in this job
To assist in planning and implementing recreational activities
for children and adults; and to provide support to professional
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from professional staff. Program
Leader I will generally not supervise any staff member.
- GROUNDED IN INTEGRITY: WE: Are Transparent & Trustworthy; Tell
The Truth; Do What We Say We Are Going To Do; Treat Others As We
Would Like To Be Treated; Do The Right Thing; Earn Trust
- NURTURE TEAMWORK: WE: Work Together To Achieve A Common Goal;
Share Information; Pitch In - Even If It's Not Our Job; Use
Everyone's Knowledge And Skills To Find Better Solutions; Recognize
Others For Their Contributions To The Team
- CULTIVATE GREATNESS: WE: Bring Our Best - Thinking, Attitude,
Solutions, Energy; Compete With Greatness (not with individual
organizations); Show Professionalism In All Our Interactions; Work
To Make Each Day Better Than The Last
- COMMITTED TO SERVICE: WE: Are Stewards Of Public Resources
(Human, Physical and Financial); Work To Drive Greater Efficiency &
Effectiveness; Serve Cheerfully With A "Can-Do" Attitude; Bring A
Problem-Solving Approach To Issues
- MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES: WE: Find New Ways; Bounce Back (we
are resilient); Adapt To The Situation; Support & Recognize Each
Other; Have Fun; Are Always Learning And Growing; Are
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the planning, coordinating and conducting of
recreation activities for children and adults at community events,
sports leagues, community centers or the water park. Implement
games, contests, arts and crafts, skits and sports drills.
- Assist with the load in, load out and operation of the Palmdale
Amphitheater, Chimbole Cultural Center, and the Palmdale Playhouse.
Provide basic knowledge and skills in customer service.
- Ensure the set-up and safety of facilities for planned
activities; may prepare rooms or fields for use by patrons; set up
and take down tables, chairs, and related equipment.
- Oversee the use of the facility, insuring patrons conform to
the established policies and procedures; ensure security of the
facility at the end of the day.
- Report facility maintenance concerns and maintain adequate
supplies and inventory by reporting needs.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, and provide information
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Assist with special events and other recreational activities as
- Assist with technical theatrical work such as construction of
props and sets, hanging lights, assist sound/lighting technicians
and stage manager as needed.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING / LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATE
Any combination of experience and training that would provide
the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way
to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Some experience in working with children or adults in a
recreational environment is highly desirable.
- Completion of formal or informal education sufficient to assure
the ability to read and write at the level required for successful
- Basic methods, procedures and practices of recreational
activities or technical theatrical work.
- Principles and practices of supervising children and
- Principles and practices of coordinating activities.
- Learn the principles and objectives of recreational
- Deal effectively with a variety of groups and individuals.
Program Leader I positions require the ability to:
- Must be at least 17 years of age by July 1 of the current
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, bend,
stoop, sit, walk on uneven ground as required by programs. Work
outdoors for extended periods of time in extreme conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Apply safe work practices.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and
split-shifts, depending upon program needs. Must be available
approximately May through September, as scheduled.
Keywords: City of Palmdale, Palmdale , Program Leader I, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!