Administrative Assistant, Specialist
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provide administrative and secretarial services to the
organization (Enterprise-wide) including, but not limited to
collecting, recording, sorting and filing information; preparing
routine reports, making travel arrangements; arranging appointments
and responding to enquires.
- Primary responsibility is delivering administrative assistance
in day-to day job.
- Administer general business office activities. Such activities
are clerical in nature and may include mail, word processing,
filing, order processing, telephone answering and stationery
- Highly effective support of a large sized team (8+).
Responsible for providing administrative support to functional
area(s), department manager(s) and/or staff.
- Uses automated office equipment and business applications as
needed such as Powerpoint, Excel, expense management and travel
- May be responsible for the preparation of reports, graphs, and
presentations, conducting research and illustrating data using
spreadsheet, database and graphic software.
- Acts as an information source on organization policies and
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- May coordinate special projects and department activities.
- Screens calls, takes and delivers messages, provides
information to callers.
- May order and maintain office supplies, prepare and sort mail,
make appointments and travel arrangements.
- Internal expert on Blue Shield administrative systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline
typically gained through extensive work experience and/or
- Typically, requires minimum of 7 years of experience.
Healthplan experience preferred.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to
prior work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint). Able to gather data and run
reports as requested.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ensures that projects within the clinic are meeting goals and
- Strong problem analysis, assessment and solving, utilizing
judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong work and time management.
- Must be to work in a fast paced environment efficiently.
- This job cannot be performed remotely. Therefore, to protect
the health and safety of our employees and their families, this
employee must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule
in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
- Requisition ID: 21001NG
- Posting Date: May 17, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Palmdale , Administrative Assistant, Specialist, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!