Program Manager III
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: June 6, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Program Manager, assigned
to contract and IR&D efforts which have content in the GA-ASI
High Desert Flight Operations facilities. This position will manage
a team of Project Managers and Engineering Manufacturing Liaison
(EML) personnel, also supporting Flight Operations.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and
is responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance
of one or more developed or mature engineering program(s) contained
at a single location. Manages programs which have well defined
program plans and delivery methodologies. Leads all phases of
assigned program(s) from initiation through delivery. Responsible
for program(s) which represent stable growth. Applies established
technologies using standard principles, theories, concepts, and
techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate managers.
Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where
erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and
expenditure of additional time and resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization
through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing
technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial
objectives are attained.
- The Program Manager will manage Program/Project Managers and
EMLs assigned to programs at the High Desert Flight Test
Facilities, to include Programs of Record, IRAD Programs and
projects which have considerable content at those facilities.
- Supervise direct reports including providing coordination and
direction through hands-on management, performance reviews,
incentive plans, and other personnel matters.
- Assist the Flight Operations, Production, Development and
P&L Program Management team, schedule, scope and quality for
their programs at the flight test facilities.
- Coordinate the transition of incoming and outgoing work between
other company facilities.
- Schedule and coordinate DD250 items from High Desert Flight
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which
usually serve a single customer.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group
executive management to develop and implement current, annual, and
long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial
objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the
development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate with engineering to establish design concepts,
criteria, and engineering efforts for product research,
development, testing, and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various
levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues.
Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals,
business plans, proposal work statements and specifications,
operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by
participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention,
and development of the required management, professional, and
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and
may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost,
schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing
solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and
expansion of existing business opportunities.
- May participate with Group management in pursuing business
partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the
capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products,
programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of
proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring
work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
Keywords: General Atomics, Palmdale , Program Manager III, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!