Shipper Receiver II
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an opportunity for a Shipper/Receiver to support
operations in Palmdale, CA. This position will support 2nd shift
and will have a 12PM start time.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for
performing the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the
shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of materials, parts,
supplies and equipment.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or
invoices, maintains records of received goods.
- Checks goods against shipping documents, determines packaging
requirements, builds special crating fixtures and braces, and packs
goods for shipment.
- Prepares and maintains necessary documentation and files.
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and
- Determines packaging requirements and builds special crating
fixtures and braces.
- Packs goods for shipment in accordance with applicable
specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods
- Verifies identification and quantity of products to be
- Prepares waybills, posting weight and shipping details. Stamps,
stencils or attaches information and shipping instruction onto
containers. Maintains inventory of cartons, tapes, foam and other
- Receives and unpacks goods. Checks receipts against waybills,
packing slips, etc. Verifies nomenclature, identification and
quantity. Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Maintains records of goods received. Processes damaged, excess
or misdirected goods, routing material to inspection, stores or
other destinations. Performs receipt data entry. Prepares required
forms and records associated with the processing of international
mail and special mailings, processes incoming and outgoing express,
registered, certified and insured mail in accordance with
procedures. Keeps current with shipping, receiving and/or postal
procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
Keywords: General Atomics, Palmdale , Shipper Receiver II, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!