Company: General Atomics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable
latitude in determining technical objectives for the review,
research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced
technical engineering problem (s). May function in an advisory or
project leadership role providing direction to experienced
professional staff. Formulates plans, typically long term, for
solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as
meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the
overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate
documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates
completed. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution
users, and management throughout the solution development cycle,
represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts
and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on
technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations,
and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced
technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within
and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a
project/program and provide direction and guidance to less
experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation
of engineering solution(s) including deployment, resource
requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions
including, documentation, reporting, publishing, and making
technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the
solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new
developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion
of existing business opportunities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices
Keywords: General Atomics, Palmdale , Engineer VI, Other , Palmdale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!